Recaldent™ is derived from the milk protein, casein. For many years it has been known that milk and its derivatives have a tooth protective effect. Research has shown that this activity is due to a part of the casein protein called Casein Phosphopeptide (or CPP), which carries calcium and phosphate ions in the form of Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (or ACP).
Tooth Mousse, the first product for professional use to contain this complex of CPP-ACP (Recaldent™), is the ideal delivery system for bio-available calcium and phosphate ions. MI Paste Plus in addition contains a unique, patented form of fluoride. MI Paste Plus releases all three of the ions needed to form acid-resistant fluorapatite by BOTH remineralisation and fluoridation.
CPP-ACP was developed at the School of Dental Science at the University of Melbourne Victoria/ Australia. Recaldent™ is a trade mark used under license. Recaldent™ (CPP-ACP) is derived from milk casein. Do not use on patients with a milk protein and/ or hydroxybenzoates allergy.
- Relieves tooth sensitivity
- Does not irritate dry mouths caused by certain medications
- Helps minimize tooth sensitivity before and after professional cleaning
- Helps minimize tooth sensitivity after whitening procedures
- Is helpful during orthodontics relative to helping control (or reduce) dentin hypersensitivity
- Is not a toothpaste; it is a topical tooth crème that can be used safely several times daily
- Delivers RECALDENT (CPP-ACP) to restore mineral balance in the oral environment
- Provides extra protection for teeth
- Helps neutralize acid challenges from acidogenic bacteria in plaque and other internal and external acid sources
- Tastes delicious and makes teeth feel smoother and cleaner
- Patented form of fluoride (900ppm) in a product designed for high-risk patients.
GC Tooth Mousse contains RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP), a unique ingredient developed at The School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. RECALDENT and RECALDENT Device are trademarks used under license. GC Tooth Mousse should not be used by people with milk protein allergies. If any allergic reaction occurs, this may indicate sensitivity to the benzoate preservatives, or to some other component of the product. In this event, discontinue use of the product and contact your physician.